Our practice offers you services on transactional, regulatory and contentious matters in the domain of mining and the extractive industry in Rwanda as a whole. To this end, our services include but not limited to the following:
- General advice on legal, regulatory and related compliance requirements to undertake extractive business in Rwanda including prospecting for & mining of minerals, quarrying, clay, sand and other related material extractions on a commercial scale.
- Applications for and Acquisition of concessions and licences
- Negotiating and drafting Public Private – Partnerships including Revenue sharing agreements
- Applications for and facilitation in the procurement of investment Licences and incentives
- Negotiations and drafting of Joint Venture Agreements and floatation of special purpose vehicles
- Acquisition of land rights including leases, transfers and access rights
- Negotiation and drafting of artisanal and agency agreements including with existing cooperatives and new communities
- Advising on environmental and health compliance issues including the conception and implementation of corporate social responsibility programs and undertakings.